Now Seeking a Marketing and Communications Intern
May 20, 2021
TimeSlips is an award-winning, international nonprofit that brings meaning and purpose to late life by inspiring a dynamic of respect and wonder between older people and those who care for them. TimeSlips provides tools and resources to spark creative engagement regardless of physical or cognitive disabilities. We work toward a moment when creative engagement brings meaning and purpose to the lives of every older adult.
Position: Marketing and Communications Intern
Description: TimeSlips seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist our marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for an international, community-based nonprofit organization.
- Inspire and help strategize new content for TimeSlips’ social media presence
- Update/maintain TimeSlips’s social media (We use Hootsuite to manage Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. If you have other ideas for where we should be, let us know!)
- Develop content for, write drafts of and manage distribution of eNewsletters (sometimes weekly, always monthly)
- Support development and coordination of virtual events
- Draft news releases
- Conduct interviews and draft stories for the TimeSlips blog and/or website
- Design flyers, graphics, invitations and other marketing materials
- Update the TimeSlips website when needed
- Attend weekly marketing committee meeting and when possible, brief weekly staff meetings
- Provide some support for outreach to the community organizations as needed
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Graphic Design, Public Relations)
- Previous work experience of any kind is a plus
- Must be computer savvy (preferably working knowledge of word processing, Google Suite of tools, Canva, Photoshop, graphic design tools, html).
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills,
- Enthusiasm for the mission of TimeSlips will be an asset
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment.
Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week, all work is remote
Compensation: We require that your college or university accept this internship for college credit, for which we would require documentation and would provide whatever support needed in terms of internship description and assessment during/post-internship.
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to info@TimeSlips.org
TimeSlips encourages applicants who are diverse in all ways.